Header block
add block
Block 2
Row 1
1 Minute Read

Your Parents' House When They Enter A Nursing Home

What about their house if a parent needs to be in a nursing home? 

So you've decided that your parents are better off in a care facility and it's time for them to leave their home. Now what? What happens with the house? Do you sell it? Do the kids take it over? Is there a mortgage that has to be paid or a reverse mortgage that now must be dealt with? Elder law attorney Martha Patterson says families need to plan ahead for this situation and have a plan which can include legal documents. 

"You want to be sure you have a living trust to avoid probate, otherwise the state may get your house to pay for your care in a nursing home," says Martha Patterson. 

Trusts provide a legal way to shelter your assets from requirements that you must use your personal assets before you get government benefits. You have a choice: set up a trust or use your own assets. Setting up a trust costs a lot less. 
Elder law attorney Martha Patterson offers a free consultation and $500 off any paid services when you contact her at her website www.ElderLawMom.com and this is something you shouldn't put off.   



Write A Comment

Related Posts All Posts
add Row
add block